Workers Compensation Law
THE HIGGINS FIRM - A LEADER IN TENNESSEE WORKERS COMPENSATION LAW
Workmen's compensation insurance coverage is required in Tennessee for almost all employers who have over five (5) employees and all those in the construction industry. The purpose of the coverage is to provide an employee with the medical care necessary to recover from an injury and income while the employee is unable to work. Workers compensation coverage is available even if the work accident is due to the worker's negligence. Put simply, accidents happen and as long as the injury arose out of and in the course of employment, benefits should be provided.
Once medical treatment is completed, an employee who sustains a permanent impairment from a work injury is entitled to receive compensation for how this injury interferes with the ability to earn a living. Our Attorneys are knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated to ensuring our clients obtain all the benefits they are entitled to under the law. This website is designed to give you some general information regarding the workers compensation laws; but, remember that each case is unique. If you have any questions regarding your worker's compensation claim, please feel free to contact our office.
- What Is My Workers Compensation Case Worth?
- What should I do if injured on the job?
- What type of benefits should injured workers receive?
- What if a doctor says I can't work?
- Do I need an attorney?
- How Long Should a Work Comp Case Take?
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?
- What if my injury is caused by someone else?
- Workers Compensation Death Benefits
- Which State law applies to my case?
- If I lose my job, can I reopen my case?
- Overtime and Minimum Wage Claims
- Truck Driver Injuries
- Popcorn Lung Disease